Thanks for making DRONERESPONDERS’ first monthly “Conversation on Public Safety UAS with the FAA’s Mike O’Shea”, a huge success with phenomenal registrations and attendance. Each month on the second Wednesday at 4 pm EST, Mike O’Shea will facilitate a topic discussion and bring in various FAA team members to share, discuss and answer questions. These webinars are designed to be informative, conversational and engaging. If you have topics of specific interest on FAA public safety related topics, please send me an email. To be sure you are informed about other opportunities and information, be sure to encourage others to join at DRONERESPONDERS.ORG (membership is FREE). To register for the future monthly webinars, visit https://lnkd.in/dec-MSW
Also, thanks to our top level sponsors DJI and SKYDIO which make these webinars and podcasts available to you at no cost.
And I would be remiss if I did not recognize and thank Mike O’Shea with the FAA and the entire team at the FAA (You know who you are) for their support of public safety and DRONERESPONDERS, 2020 was a phenomenal year and 2021 promises to be even better!
Before I provide the link to the webinar recording, I’d like to tell a little about the DRONERESPONDERS Public Safety Alliance and opportunities to participate. DRONERESPONDERS is the leading, fastest growing and award winning nonprofit program (under AIRT) totally dedicated to the advancement of public safety UAS through enabling drones for good, countering drones for bad and air traffic management. DRONERESPONDERS is open to anyone and inclusive to government, academia, NGOs, UAS business and industry. Here are some resources and opportunities by joining:
· Online Resource Center (over 500 documents – SOPs, policy manuals, COA/Waiver Guidance, etc.)
· Monthly Public Safety UAS Webinars on FAA specific topics
· Monthly Podcasts that highlight Public Safety UAS programs, successes, emerging technologies
· Major Cities Working Group (cities over 500K) headed up by Capt. Michael Leo (FDNY)
· Drone as a First Responder Working Group headed up by Capt. Don Redmond (Chula Vista PD)
· Legal/Policy Working Group headed up by Dawn Zoldi
· Public Safety/Media Working Group headed up by Mickey Osterreicher (NPPA)
· Training Curriculum Standard Working Group facilitated by Katie Thielmeyer (Woodlawn FD)
· National Public Safety UAS Database Project headed up by Charles Werner (DRONERESPONDERS)
· National Public Safety UAS Database Mapping Project headed up by Brandon Karr (Pearland PD)
· Monthly Outstanding Public Safety Drone Program Awards to promote programs around the world
· Public safety program content for co-located events at AUVSI XPONENTIAL, Commercial UAV EXPO Americas (Las Vegas), Commercial UAV EXPO Europe (Amsterdam), Energy Drones & Robotics Conference, Ibero-American Conference ((South America)
· ASTM Public Safety Remote Pilot Training Auditor & Standardized Training Initiative
If interested in these opportunities, please send me an email (Charles@droneresponders.org)
Thanks for your time and here is the public safety webinar link (90 minutes) on FAA Rules Remote ID, Ops Over People, and Night Ops: https://youtu.be/IYcdC6GgnOo
Stay safe, healthy and HNY!